Would you like to be a part of our team?
We’re always looking for volunteers! Be part of our rewarding work where we help those who need it most. We work on a shift basis that can work around your life.
talk about first responders/volunteer/ PR.
To be part of our team please get in touch. In the meantime please read below to see a summary of expected responsibilities to become a First Responder.
If you would like to help us in non clinical roles please click here.
Purpose of Role:
To provide primary response to specific calls including those reported to be of a “life threatening nature”, as directed by the Ambulance Emergency Dispatch Centre (EMDC) Control. You will only be sent to calls that are in the area that you’re covering.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in the provision of on-call cover, on a rota arrangement as agreed with the scheme/group co-ordinator or scheme/group lead.
- Respond to calls in an efficient and safe manner as an individual or as part of pair.
- Responsibility for the readiness, cleanliness and general maintenance of equipment within their charge
- Report any untoward occurrences in conjunction with the scheme co-ordinator using SAS forms.
- Attend training sessions and local scheme / group meetings and maintain skill base competencies as deemed appropriate to the role of a community first responder.
- Ensure consistency in compliance of procedures, observance with safe working practice and Ambulance Service “Community first responder” policy and objectives.